Hair transplant is an advanced treatment for hair fall and treats diseases like male pattern Baldness and female Androgenetic Alopecia and is being used to revive hair in different parts of the body like face, beard, and moustache.
Hair transplant is a complex surgical procedure where the surgeon takes hair from the back of the scalp and transplants them into the bald area. Hair transplants have evolved to a next level from a normal grafting technique to FUE and Bio FUE methods. These methods guarantee more success and procedural satisfaction to the client.
The cost of hair transplant surgery has drastically come down as compared to the past. People now can easily opt for surgical treatment. The cost majorly depends upon your hair quality.
Revitalize’s Hair Transplant Process
Hair transplant has been a quite descriptive subject since it entails a lot of study about a person’s scalp, hair quality and many other factors. It is surgical procedure but at Revitalize, we have our next-gen team to monitor and simplify each and every step of your transplant. The general process includes plucking some grafts from the donor area which is the area where hair is already there and then putting those grafts into the place where there is a lack of hair.
The steps are:-
- Planning for the hair transplant – Hair transplant is both an art and science. We design the process and the hairline design according to the customer needs.
- Donor area to be cleaned- the area where there is a surplus of hair is being cleaned and the person is given anaesthesia so that he/she doesn’t feel the pain.
- Tissue from the donor area to be taken and donor area to be stitched- The tissue is being plucked out and the work from the donor area gets completed.
- Tissue drawn into different grafts – the step is very critical as it determines how much grafts are required so that the whole transplant process becomes easy and successful
- Clearing of the bald area- The area where hair is to be grown is being cleaned and incisions are made.
- Placing the grafts formed into graft area by making incisions- Grafts formed are being placed carefully and the area is then closed by stitches.
- The closing of the hair transplant surgery- the most important step where we take care of any infection and proper cleaning of the scalp is being taken care.
Types of Hair Transplant
- Strip Hair transplant or FUT-In Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT/Strip), a long, thin sliver of tissue removed from the donor area in the back and sides of the scalp and the individual follicular units are removed from that strip via stereo-microscopic dissection. The wound edges are then closed leaving a single, generally fine scar.
- Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE- In Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair is harvested through small circular incisions over a considerably larger area of the donor zone leaving tiny, round, white scars.
- Facial Hair Transplant- It is more like FUT or FUE process. The difference comes in the area where hair is to be grown which is eyebrows, eyelashes, beard and sideburns. The process requires more skill and experience to do it.
- Beard Transplant- This type of transplant has become more popular among the youth who recognize the inadequacy of hair on the chin to its masculinity. The Hairline in this process has to be crafted carefully.
- Body Hair Transplant- These are preferred by people who have the scarcity of hair in places like chest, armpits, back, pubis, etc. The process is done through FUT or FUE.
Hair Transplant Advantages
When a person is undergoing Hair transplant procedure, he should be aware of the benefits he would be getting after the surgery. Below are some key benefits:-
- Naturally growing hair
- Permanent solution to hair loss
- Minimal Scarring
- Very safe and advanced techniques
- Very less stay at the clinic
Hair transplant side-effects
- Swelling- you may face swelling for 3-4 days on the forehead or at the recipient site
- Redness- the redness is due to incisions which will go slowly by time .
- Numbness – Numbness would be due to anesthesia given which will go by automatic healing.
- Bleeding =At the site of incision, bleeding may occur, just use cotton swabs and bleeding will stop.
- Pain –Once the transplant is over, you may feel pain for some days but the doctor will give you some painkillers to avoid pain.
- Itching- Itching may occur due to new scab formation but try not to do so because it may affect your results.
- Wear hairpiece or cap for few weeks
- Do not use any hair styling tools or products
- Do not lift weights
- Do not use harsh shampoos which may cause infection
- Consult your specialist before doing anything